CALL FOR CONSULTATION 770-925-0111 770-925-0111

Social Security Disability Benefits Lawyer in Norcross, Georgia

Aggressive, experienced, skilled and knowledgeable representation

John E. Underwood, P.C. is dedicated to helping people like you get the Social Security disability benefits you deserve. They prepare your Social Security disability claim for initial review, refiling or reconsideration to help you secure the benefits to which you are rightfully entitled. Your best interests are the firm’s top priority.

John E. Underwood, P.C. is thoroughly familiar with Social Security rules and regulations. They advise applicants of their rights as they prepare their disability cases for review by the Social Security Administration (SSA). The SSA defines a disability as an inability to engage in any substantial gainful employment activity by reason of a medically determinable physical or mental impairment that:

  • Can be expected to result in death, or
  • Has lasted or can be expected to last for a continuous period of 12 months or more

Applicants who fit this definition are eligible one of two government programs, based on their history of earnings and future earnings capacity:

  • Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) program benefits are available to applicants who have contributed to Social Security through their employment-based taxes and can no longer obtain substantial gainful employment as a result of their disability.
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program benefits are available to disabled adults from lower income households or to disabled children based on their family’s household income. The SSI program also involves work incentives and exclusions that are beneficial to lower-income households.

Do not give up if you have been turned down. Call today.

Mr. Underwood understands that the Social Security disability filing process can be intimidating. Confronted with stacks of documents and complex eligibility rules, people frequently feel overwhelmed. John E. Underwood, P.C. can evaluate your situation to help make your case and to re-file, if necessary. Call John E. Underwood, P.C. at 770-925-0111 or contact the firm online to schedule an appointment.